ICI India Ltd. Gurgaon (India)

Business overview

The ICI India story began way back in 1911 when Brunner Mond & Co, one of the four companies that combined in 1926 to form ICI in UK, opened a trading office in Calcutta to sell alkalis and dyes. In 1923, it became Brunner Mond & Co (India) and in 1929 the name was changed to Imperial Chemical Industries (India) Ltd. This was followed by a period of sustained expansion, diversification and growth. ICI's manufacturing activities commenced in 1939 with the setting up of Alkali and Chemical Corporation of India Ltd in Rishra, West Bengal. Indian Explosives Ltd was set up in Gomia in 1954, the result of an agreement with the government of India. Chemical and Fibres of India Ltd came up in Thane in 1963, manufacturing polyester staple fibre. When fertilizer manufacturing operations began in Panki near Kanpur in 1969 it was the largest private sector investment in fertilizers in India. On completion of the 3rd stream, the plant had a capacity to manufacture 675, 000 tpa of urea fertilizer. The ICI Research and Technology Centre was established in Thane in 1976 and a Crop Protection Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals unit came up in Ennore, near Chennai in 1978. The company also commissioned its catalyst business at Panki in 1984.



Industry Chemicals
Business Type Manufacturer
Establishment Year 1911
Firm Type Public Ltd.
Expand Level International

Products & Services

ICI India manufactures and markets paints, speciality chemicals, rubber chemicals, adhesives & starch. The company, through its joint venture, also manufactures and markets fragrances and flavours.

Contact Details

ICI India Ltd.

DLF Plaza Tower, 10th Floor
DLF Qutab Enclave Phase 1
Gurgaon, 122 002 (Haryana) - (India)



loading..!!

Want to Grow your business too?

Register Free
Post
Requirement

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 IndiaBizClub. All rights reserved