OJSV "Perechin Timber Chemical Plant" Perechin (Ukraine)

Business overview

The Perechin Timber and Chemical Plant was built in 1893 by an Austrian-Hungarian joint-stock company BANTLIN and it produced charcoal, pitch, methyl alcohol, acetic acid and other products from beach wood. After the annexation of the Transcarpathian region by the Czechoslovak Republic (in 1919) the Perechin Timber and Chemical Plant together with the whole BANTLIN company became the property of the Zhivnobank Bank. In 1922-23 the Plant was reconstructed, a power station was built and all the Plant's machinery was converted onto electric power. The world economic crisis of 1929-1933 led to a decline in production, mass firing of workers and lockouts. The Plant not only stopped its development but also fell into deep crisis. All the plants which produced military goods worked well due to the seizure of the Transcarpathian Region by Hungary and its joining the Second World War as a co-belligerent of Hitlerite Germany. In the beginning of 1940 the situation at the Perechin Timber and Chemical Plant stabilized and important engineering arrangements were made. For example, the profit of the Plant's owner, Deutch Gorf Und Company (Frankfurt-am-Main), in 1942 was 32 times more than in 1939. Towards the end of the War in spring 1944 a part of the Plant's equipment was disassembled and evacuated and the remaining part was ordered to be destroyed. However, thanks to the efforts of the local administration and the activity of commando-reconnaissance unit of the Soviet Army the further evacuation of the equipment and destruction of the Plant was avoided. Employment of new machinery and a planned and measured production process helped the fast increase in production after the War. In 1957 the production of urea-formaldehyde resins was started. In 1960 a total reconstruction of the formalin shop was made. In the beginning of 1962 a permanent working retort, the second in the USSR, started working. This made it possible to almost completely mechanize the painstaking job of production and to automate the control over the technical process. In the period of 20 years (1946-1966) the volume of gross production had increased by more than 30 times... During the 1970s and 80s the technological equipment was constantly renovated and the production was stabilized. A new retort and steam boiler-house started working. The Plant's machinery was converted to gas power, new marks of carbamide resin were developed and a new ethylacetate workshop with advanced technology was built. These allowed the Plant to increase the quality of its goods and to enter the European market. When the political situation in the former USSR worsened the economic condition of the country sharply deteriorated. This affected the Perechin Plant. The most difficult period in the history of the plant was in 1993-1997. This was marked by a fall in the production of ethyl acetate and charcoal, the shutdown of urea-formaldehide resins and acetic acid production and financial problems... In 1998 Polyprom Ltd. Purchased the controlling block of shares of the Plant in connection with the process of privatization. This allowed the Plant to set a comprehensive production schedule.



Industry Engineering
Business Type Manufacturers & Exporter/Importer
Establishment Year 1893
Firm Type Proprietorship
Expand Level National

Products & Services

We are Manufacturers of premium quality Hardwood Charcoal and Hardwood Charcoal briquettes for barbeque and grill.

Our Product List :
- Grilly Master charcoal
- Grilly Gurman
- Grilly Chief.

Product Catalogue (2)

Contact Details

OJSV "Perechin Timber Chemical Plant"

Chervonoarmijska 25 Street, Transcarpathian region.
Perechin, 89200 (Outside India) - (Ukraine)



loading..!!

Want to Grow your business too?

Register Free
Post
Requirement

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 IndiaBizClub. All rights reserved