Silcon Electronics Co. Ltd. Kowloon (Hong-kong)

Business overview

The name Silcon is an invented word. It combines the 'sil' of 'silicon' and the 'con' of the word connection to give a hi-fashion and hi-tech connotation. The company's Chinese name is its phonetic translation, the two Chinese characters mean 'time' and 'glory' respectively. Silcon was established in 1979 and has since then been engaged in the manufacturing of high quality analogue and digital clocks and watches. Silcon placed strong emphasis in quality and in product design and innovation. It is well recognized in the watches and clocks industry as one of the leaders in these areas. It is one of the six founding members of the Hong Kong Watch Manufacturer's Quality Club, and is the first clock manufacturer in Hong Kong certified under ISO9001 quality standard. Silcon has a highly talented and motivated team of designers and engineers. Many of its designs have won wide acclaims and prestigious awards such as the two Hong Kong Governor's Award prizes in the consumer product design category. Silcon carries a comprehensive collection of timepieces of distinguished designs and is also very active in O.E.M. Business. About 20% of the product is sold with Silcon brand-names which is registered in major countries worldwide. The remaining 80% is sold with customer's private names which includes some of the most renowned brand names in the world. Silcon serves a stable and loyal global clientele, about 50% of its sales go to U.S.A., 25% to Europe and 5% to Japan. The company now employs about 50 staffs in its modern, highly automated and conveniently located office in Cheung Sha Wan, West Kowloon, where functions such as Sales and Marketing, Design and Engineering, Quality control, Accounting, Shipping and Personnel are carried out. Total floor space in Kowloon is 12, 000 sq. Ft. To cope with ever increasing demand for Silcon products worldwide and to explore the vast and blooming China market, Silcon has taken on an ambitious programme of expansion. In 1993 it entered into an agreement with a Chinese partner to start a new joint venture in China. The new joint venture enterprise, in which Silcon has a controlling share, leased an 150, 000 square feet plot of land in Ping Hu near Shenzhen. Internal sales right has been approved by the Chinese Government. Phase 1 of the construction work has completed in 1994 and now provides 50, 000 sq. Fl. Of floor space for factory, workers' dormitory and other ancillary facilities. Second phase building was completed in September 1996, and now provides an additional 80, 000 sq. Ft. Of factory space for future expansion. The factory employs 450 workers.



Industry Electronics and Telecommunication
Business Type Manufacturers & Exporter/Importer
Establishment Year 1979
Firm Type Public Ltd.
Expand Level International

Products & Services

Manufacturers and Exporters of metal, LCD clocks, and watches.
Our product range includes:

-Silcon Electronics -LCD
-Silcon Watch

Contact Details

Silcon Electronics Co. Ltd.

C9-10, 6/F., Hong Kong Industrial Centre,
489-491 Castle Peak Road

Kowloon, 0000 () - (Hong-kong)



loading..!!

Want to Grow your business too?

Register Free
Post
Requirement

Copyright © 2000 - 2017 IndiaBizClub. All rights reserved